If you have a dry scalp, you know all about the hassle it can cause. A dry scalp leads to a lot of hair and scalp related problems. If not treated timely, it could lead to an increase in hair fall that could lead to eventual baldness. If you want to treat dryness of scalp, we have got you covered.
What Causes Dryness of Scalp
This could arise for some of reasons. Some not unusual causes encompass eczema, dietary deficiencies, scalp infections, publicity to cold and dry climate, shampooing your hair too frequently and the usage of hair care products that contain alcohol.
Remedies for Dryness of Scalp
Warm Oil Massage
A warm oil rubdown is the best and simplest way to restore lost moisture and deal with a dry scalp. Massaging with oil encourages the herbal manufacturing of oil. Improves blood circulation to the hair follicles and scalp, and gives important vitamins to the scalp. This treatment also enables reduce itchiness.
When massaging, use coconut oil or olive oil for satisfactory results.
- Warm 2 to three tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Use the warm oil to rubdown your entire scalp.
- Wrap your hair in a towel and go away it for 1 to 2 hours.
- Rinse the oil out of your hair, then shampoo as traditional.
- Do an oil rubdown a few times every week to preserve your scalp loose from itchiness and dryness.
Aloe vera is some other very effective home remedy for a dry scalp. As aloe vera is a amazing pores and skin moisturizer, you can use it to get comfort from an itchy scalp as well. In truth, aloe vera is particularly beneficial for a dry scalp as a result of psoriasis.
- Extract pure aloe vera gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Follow the gel to your scalp.
- Go away it on for 15 to twenty mins.
- Wash your hair together with your ordinary shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy 1 or 2 instances a week.
Honey is likewise a very good treatment for a dry and itchy scalp. The antimicrobial residences of honey can help break any harmful microbes present for your scalp and decrease the risk of contamination.
- Dilute uncooked honey with some heat water within the ratio of 4:1.
- Rubdown the solution into your scalp for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cowl your head with a warm towel and go away it on for 2 hours.
- Shampoo your hair as traditional. Use this treatment twice a week.